March 21, 2015

Interesting Q&A and chess talent at a young age

NOW, it’s the FINAL reminder for you to sign up for the upcoming webinar “Chess Talent at a young age”, which will be conducted by IM Alex Kundin on Sunday, 22 March at 3 p.m. GMT (check timings HERE). You can find more details about the webinar and what you’ll learn here: LINK
design
Recently, I conducted my first live ‘Ask me anything’ (AMA) event on our Facebook page (LINK) and I’m glad that many students took part in the event and had a great time there! :)
Moreover, the questions asked were also quite numerous, so that I almost answered every question in a ‘hurry’ throughout the event. I hope you enjoyed the event and, most importantly, that it was useful for you:)
igor
Therefore, today, I would like to share with you the ‘highlights’ of the event – the interesting questions and answers.
Question: How can I get an advantage over my opponent who’s also aware of the strategic base principles?
Answer: Most of your opponents are unaware and you have the advantage over them. If they are aware, you just need to keep training and learning new lessons. I constantly publish them on our site (Remote Chess Academy)
Question: What should I do when I’m drowning in calculations?
Answer: “If you find yourself in a pit, firstly stop digging.” Recollect the fundamental positional principles and move accordingly.
pit
Question: GM Igor, who is your favorite chess player? Maybe list your top3 choices in their order that influenced your chess most.
Answer: Capablanca is great in positional understanding. Tal and Nakamura are suitable for mastering attacking/dynamic chess. I’ve had a lot of chess heroes in different phases of my chess development.
chessplayers
Question: I can afford 6 hours a day. How to train efficiently? How much time should I devote to opening preparation, middle game, tactics and strategy, end game?
Answer: That’s a huge question. The answer is in the course “Self-taught Grandmaster” (LINK)
Question: In some games, I reach a point where I have no attacking move or logical move – I feel that nothing is left in the game. How can I proceed in such cases?
Answer: Think about every piece that you have (one after another). What is the ideal position for your every piece? Pick the piece that is the least active (compared to the others) and improve its position.
question
To be honest, almost each and every question was interesting, but I can’t put them all up here. Therefore, you can find such interesting questions and answers, which might be useful for you, on the ‘AMA’ event post on our Facebook page (LINK).
Additionally, we’ve pinned the ‘AMA’ event post to the top of our Facebook page for a few days. Therefore, you can find it easily at the top. Our Facebook page: LINK
Moreover, I provided a 15% discount on all of my courses to those who participated in my ‘AMA’ event to thank them for their interest. As the event went so well, I’ve decided to extend this gift to everyone for the last 2 days.
15% discount
The discount code is “chat15” and will be valid until 22 March (included). If you don’t know how to use a discount code, see here: LINK
P.S. Don’t miss this great opportunity to join the webinar “Chess Talent at a young age” – if you are a player aged around 14-17, you can become a GM in a couple of years too and establish the potential from the young you:) Join now: LINK

No comments:

Post a Comment